Site SelectionWhen you are starting to consider sites, we can help. The Village also provides an Available Property site that highlights properties available for lease and sale. We often know about individual sites and the history associated with the sites. We can coach you through the process of identifying properties and their allowable uses, site analysis and building permit reviews. For each site, we can provide information about taxes, traffic data, past tenants/past uses, zoning, past code violations, and other factors that support the identification of a successful site in Brookfield.
A Business Owner Needs:
- A Business License to operate a business in Brookfield is required prior to opening/operating the business.
- A Business establishment serving alcohol or operating gambling (gaming) must contact the Village Manager’s Office for special handling.
- A Building Permit is NOT required…
- If taking over an existing space that is zoned for your type of business (i.e., “use” is permitted per the Zoning Code)
- Simply renewing an existing business license
- A Building Permit is required if the building is:
- Newly constructed
- Submit a business license application (click here for the form: Business License Application and payment.
- A Business License is valid for one year.
- Building safety inspection needed for all new businesses.
ResourcesQuestions about business licenses, contact Permit Services Coordinator
Questions about available properties and business retention/attraction support, contact Economic Development
Community resource the Brookfield Chamber of Commerce