The Human Resources division of the Village Manager’s Office is the central coordinating point for attracting, retaining, and motivating qualified employees to excellence in public service. Human Resources strategically partners with operating departments and employees to provide assistance and guidance in all areas of employment including:
- Recruitment, Selection, and Retention of Village Staff
- Compensation and Benefits
- Staff Development and Training
- Personnel Policy Administration
- Labor Relations and Contract Negotiations
- Risk Management and Employee Safety
Risk Management Human Resources provides oversight of the Village’s risk management and safety programs. The Village is a member of a self-governed risk pool, the Intergovernmental Risk Management Agency (IRMA), which provides general liability, worker’s compensation, property, and other insurance coverages/programs for the Village.
Board of Fire and Police CommissionersHuman Resources supports the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners as it carries out the duties delegated by State of Illinois statutes, the Village of Brookfield Code, and collective bargaining agreements in matters of sworn Fire and Police recruitment, testing, selection, promotion, appointment, and disciplinary proceedings.
Disclosures and Notices
- Public Act 97-0609 Employee Compensation Disclosure as of January 1, 2023
- IMRF Employer Cost & Participation Information
The Transparency in Coverage final rule, released on 10/29/20, requires health plans and carriers to publicly disclose pricing information via machine-readable files (MRFs). MRFs are intended for third party technology developers, as they are written in computer code, not English.
Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Public Works Department | Village of Brookfield & the Teamsters Local 705 | 01-01-22 to 12-31-24
- Police Department | Village of Brookfield & the Illinois Council of Police (ICOPS) | 01-01-20 to 12-31-23
- Fire Department | Village of Brookfield & Professional Firefighters Local 4828 | 01-01-2023 to 12-31-2025